By Daniel M. Rover, CEO
Healthcare positions are in high demand industry-wide. In a Medical Field Jobs Report completed by Gwynedd Mercy University, they forecast that healthcare job openings will continue to soar through 2025. The report saw gaps as high as 29,400 among nurse practitioner positions and 11,000 among physicians and surgeons. As a healthcare professional, you have many opportunities to choose from. The biggest challenge of searching for a healthcare job is sorting through the many options to find the right one for you. This is where it is beneficial to have a healthcare recruiter. A healthcare recruiter makes your job searching significantly easier for the following reasons.
1. More opportunities Although research shows that there are plenty of opportunities in healthcare, it doesn’t mean that all available options are the right ones for you. So, you owe it to yourself to make sure you pick a company and position that will make you happy and you don’t end up in another job search in the near future. A healthcare recruiter ensures you have more opportunities available to you when searching for a new position and more of the right opportunities to pick from.
2. Better access There is nothing more challenging in a job search than getting access to the right job opportunities. Company positions are scattered throughout dozens of different job sites and social media accounts. The problem is gaining access to all of them so you can make a decision. A healthcare recruiter is very crucial in this process because they can give you access to all options and you will not just be limited to the few opportunities you find online.
3. Less time searching You may find yourself spending too much time searching for positions. Without assistance on where to search and what the currently availability is, you could lose more time than you think. This leaves you with less time to network and prepare for interviews. When using a healthcare recruiter, they will search for you and provide you with positions that may meet your needs. This will allow you to spend more time getting ready to make a stellar impression interviewing and miss fewer opportunities.
4. Valuable expertise Like every new step in your career search, it can be valuable to have expertise and guidance. There are many job openings available in healthcare, and many healthcare providers competing for the candidates. Having this expertise to improve your job search and interview tactics can make an huge difference in setting you apart from other interviewees. Healthcare recruiters know all the secrets of job searching, so you can benefit from their expertise to make sure you’re getting the right opportunities through the right connections and prepare so you can compete for the job you are looking for.
5. Improve your job-seeking skills Chances are you’ve spent a lot of time studying and honing your healthcare skills so that you can obtain the right future position. However, it’s less likely that you’ve had had the chance to develop your job-searching skills in the process. Healthcare recruiters are ready to aide you in specialized areas and are ready to apply their expertise to have opportunities open for you and point you to the right direction.
6. Networking One of the most important components of job searching is connecting with the right people in your industry. This is known as networking. The value of networking is priceless. It expands your future options in the healthcare industry, Whether, your job searching now or later, it strengthens your relationships with the right people and can open up career paths in the when you want to search for a new position.